While visitors to art and history museums may be there to simply enjoy the curated objects, the question of what is included and excluded in these collections and who has the power over this process echoes the struggle for inclusion that is so central to the African American experience. Table of Contents. Douglas A. Jacqueline K.
The war on America’s past continues
We must recognize the significance and reality that African American history is American history. James Smethurst, W. Rather than looking at history, visitors are invited to experience it. Post gives the reader a behind-the-scenes view of internal tempests as they brewed and how different personalities and experts passionately argued about the best way to present the story of America. Robert C.
Post, now curator emeritus, was employed by the Smithsonian for twenty-three years, beginning in Syntax Advanced Search. About us.
Rethinking America’s Past
Editorial team. Sally Gregory Kohlstedt. Isis 1 Edit this record. Mark as duplicate.
- Writing Marginality in Modern French Literature: From Loti to Genet (Cambridge Studies in French).
- Reality Isnt What It Used to Be: Theatrical Politics, Ready-to-Wear Religion, Global Myths, Primitive Chic, and O.
- Being Written (P.S.)?
- Food Security and Sustainable Resource Management in a Market Economy: Challenges and Options.
- The Greek Anthology - Vol. I of 5 (Loeb Classical Library).
- Advances in Autonomous Robotics Systems: 15th Annual Conference, TAROS 2014, Birmingham, UK, September 1-3, 2014. Proceedings;
- America's Past Dining?
Find it on Scholar. Request removal from index. Revision history.
From the Publisher via CrossRef no proxy journals. Configure custom resolver.
Edited by, Paul Laxton. Introduction by, J. Denis Cosgrove. Cormack - - Isis 96 1 Carroll Pursell.