The text has been extensively revised since the first edition, with more than pages of new material. Integrated Solaris tools and utilities, including DTrace, MDB, kstat, and the process tools, are used throughout to illustrate how the reader can observe the Solaris kernel in action. The companion volume, SolarisT Performance and Tools , extends the examples contained here, and expands the scope to performance and behavior analysis.
Currently out of stock Delivery Days. Notify Me. The objective of the memory segment is to allow both memory and devices to be mapped into an address space. Traditionally, this required hard-coding memory and device information into the address space handlers for each device.
Solaris Internals: Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris Kernel Architecture (paperback), 2nd Edition
The object architecture allows different behaviors for different segments. For example, one segment might be a mapping of a file into an address.
The load and store buffers on each processor are visible only to the processor they reside on, so a load issued by a processor that issued the store fetches the data from the store buffer if it is still. Some of the kernel functions that you will consistently find on the callout table of a running Solaris system include the following: polltime. A real-time callout. Set from the poll 2 system call and based on the poll interval.
And the system should create a dump and reboot.
Note that I had to do this twice, as the first time, the system paniced again when creating the dump. The panic message: kernel heap corruption detected is typically the result of deadbeef checking. Let's get that information.
- The Evolution of Reason: Logic as a Branch of Biology (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology).
- Eye Contact.
- Solaris (operativsystem)!
- CSDL | IEEE Computer Society;
- Work, Subjectivity and Learning: Understanding Learning through Working Life;
- Solaris Internals: Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris Kernel Architecture (2nd Edition) - Bookdl!
- The Basic Code of the Universe: The Science of the Invisible in Physics, Medicine, and Spirituality;
Let's use the auditing flag we turned on to see what allocates and frees this buffer. The above gives lots of output. If we look at all of the output i. We'll start with ones that occur only one time and examine the code to see if we can find where the pointer to the allocated data is used after it is freed. A "defensive" and probably easier tactic would be to go through the above routines that are freeing the buffer and set the pointer to NULL after the free. Something like:.
Solaris Internals : Solaris 10 and Opensolaris Kernel Architecture 2nd
Note that this is part of code I wrote specifically to cause the bug. Remember, there are no bugs in SmartOS :.
- Timeless Secrets of Health & Rejuvenation!
- I Am Rich; Yet Still Poor: Volume 2 (I Am Rich;Yet Still Poor).
- Treatment of Psoriasis.
- Solaris internals Richard McDougall.
So, the routine allocates memory, frees it, and sets a timer see timeout 9f. Want to learn more about our cloud offerings?
Catalog Record: Solaris internals : Solaris 10 and | HathiTrust Digital Library
Request a Specialist. It appears you have an ad or script blocker that won't allow us to load our feedback form from app-sjf.
- Programming Scala: Tackle Multi-Core Complexity on the Java Virtual Machine (Pragmatic Programmers);
- Solaris internals.
- Beyond Nose to Tail: A Kind of British Cooking: Part II.
- Our Bestsellers?
- [Download] Solaris Internals: Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris Kernel Architecture (paperback) (2nd?
- Solaris Application Memory Management?
To submit feedback, you can either temporarily unblock that domain, or email marketing joyent. Email may take longer to get to the relevant people. We will get back to you shortly.